U14-U19 Scored Programs
Ages 12-13 by December 31
Focus: Compete for Skill Acquisition
Ages 14-15 by December 31
Focus: Compete for Skill Acquisition, Transitioning to Compete for Skill Mastery
Ages 16-18 by December 31
Focus: Compete for Skill Mastery
The U14-U19 age groups is comprised of motivated athletes who compete in local and regional USSA events at a level appropriate to their desire and ability. These levels require a commitment from the athletes and requires a great deal of individual attention. The program represents a time that athletes may achieve major development through regular conditioning, on-snow training, technical discussion, and video analysis. There is an emphasis on the technical and tactical aspects of skiing and racing. Groups split their time between free skiing, technical drills, gate training, mental game skills and as always, having fun!
Skill Development Focus
Mastering balance, coordination, movement and athletic stance on skis. Goal is that athletes can ski all terrains and all courses in all disciplines with adequate technique. Athletes should be mastering carving, usage of upper and lower body separation, usage of all four edges, cross blocking, maintain snow contact and pole plant. They should be adequate with course inspection and line choices. They should be getting better at weight transfer, maintain turn shape, gliding, aerodynamics, jumping and self-feedback, tip pressure at start of the turn and control pressure thru the whole turn.
Increased focus on competition and racing, while continuing to develop a lifelong passion and mastery of the sport of skiing.
For more information on the U.S. Ski and Snowboard Training System model, click here.
Program Fees Include
- An early season team/athlete fall goal setting and planning meeting
- Early season parent informational meeting
- 3x and 4x per week training options - dependent on location
- Coaching at all Central Region 1 USSA races
- Coaching at Junior Championship races
- USSA Certified, experienced coaching staff
- A coach/parent/athlete spring evaluation meeting
- In season goal progress checks
- Training availability at – Mt. Kato, Powder Ridge, Hyland Hills